We’re known for Guest Satisfaction, honest value, and the best chicken around. Dodge’s Core Values are why we’ve been around since 1872. We believe in giving back to our communities, and this includes partnering with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Why St. Jude?
We believe that children – with all of their wondrous curiosity and playful ways – are our collective future. St. Jude founder Danny Thomas believed that “no child should die in the dawn of life.” These two values bring together Dodge’s and St. Jude in an effort to help fund Danny’s original Vision to be the world leader in advancing the treatment and prevention of catastrophic diseases in children.
There are many charities deserving of support, but the Dodge family feels strongly in the St. Jude Mission and Vision. Here are a few facts we think are compelling about St. Jude:
- On average, 7,800 active patients visit the hospital each year, most of whom are treated on an outpatient basis.
- St. Jude has 78 inpatient beds and treats upwards of 260 patients each day.
- No family ever pays St. Jude for anything.
- In 1962, the survival rate for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), the most common form of childhood cancer, was 4 percent. Today, the survival rate for this once deadly disease is 94 percent, thanks to research and treatment protocols developed at St. Jude.
- The daily operating cost for St. Jude is $1.7 million, which is primarily covered by public contributions.