All of us at Dodge’s are adjusting moment-by-moment to the challenges created by the spread of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). These are certainly unprecedented times for us. We are doing our best to make decisions which support our local health officials, our local government leaders, our national health officials, and our national government leaders. We also are doing our best to make decisions which take care of our Hosts and other Team Members, the smiling faces with whom you, our community, interacts. We are thankful for you, our community. Together with you, we have raised over $2,014,902 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, where a team of noble healthcare professionals works tirelessly to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases. Those fundraising efforts are no small feat. And the lives which that money helps to save are priceless. We look forward to continuing our fundraising efforts for St. Jude once we are on the other side of the COVID-19 pandemic. Each of us at Dodge’s wakes up each day with a commitment to leave the world a little better than we found it, to pay it forward, to “Make Your Day!” These times, chaotic though they may be, are no different; we’re still committed. But how we go about making your day might look a little different for a while. Today, our Nation – the whole world – is faced with the reality of a spreading, and potentially catastrophic disease, a disease which will likely impact many of us, if not directly, then indirectly. We know that many noble healthcare professionals worldwide are working tirelessly to find a solution. The challenges are unfolding as the hours pass. The CDC continues to modify its guidelines in realtime, and we continue to stay up to date with the newest precautions recommended by the CDC. In accordance with the CDC Guidelines, we are working hard to continue to provide the goods and services which you, our Guests, need and want, especially during these trying times. As the recommendations change, we will respond as necessary. And along the way you will experience some changes in the way we operate.
These are extraordinary times for all of us. We, like many of you, are very much out of our comfort zone. Even so, we at Dodge’s – and we as a Nation – will continue to work together to determine the better way forward, while also striving to make life better for all those with whom we interact. Together we will make it through this. We are for you. We are with you. Stay safe. Wash your hands. Wash them often. Smile for no reason; and share that smile. Then wash those hands again. Remember to not touch your face. And if you see someone who needs help, help them. Let’s continue to make each other’s day; for that’s what makes this extraordinary life worth living!
With love, from all of us at Dodge’s
Updated as of 9:00 A.M., April 7, 2020
For now, here are some changes you can expect to see:
- We are pausing the use of all seating, indoors and out.
- We are temporarily discontinuing the use of refill mugs for self-serve beverages: fountain, frozen, and coffee.
- Vinyl Gloves are available inside for use while fueling; and we’ve also hired many ‘Rona Defenders to assist you – from a distance – cleaning and sanitizing pump nozzles frequently, as well as other “high touch” areas both outside and inside the location. They also have gloves available for your use while pumping fuel, if desired.
- We have installed “social distancing” floor markers throughout the location to help remind everyone to remain the recommended distance apart from other Guests.
- We have installed, and continue to install, plexiglass separators at each location between Guests and Hosts to provide additional protection for our team and also for our Guests.
- We are ordering masks which should arrive soon for all of our team members. (Masks have been difficult to purchase. We’ve been trying to acquire masks for a month. We finally found an available source and they are ordered.)
- Where necessary, we may experience reduced operating hours.
- You will also see some new faces. We are expanding staff and hiring additional Hosts who are committed to Making Your Day!
For now, the following are still in effect:
- We are frequently cleaning and sanitizing all “high touch” areas.
- Guests can still walk up and place orders at the counter, for take-out.
- Where we offer drive-thru, Guests can still order through the drive-thru.
- Guests can still continue to order food for delivery via our 3rd-party delivery partners.